MAKE THE SIMPLE PROCESS OF BUYING PROPERTY IN TURKEY EVEN EASIER.
“Buying property in Turkey from Oceanwide Properties was easy. Suleyman Akbay and his team went to great lengths to ensure we saw a great selection of properties before we decided on the one we wanted. The buying process was remarkably easy and they helped us through the entire process from start to finish. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend their service to anyone seeking a property in Turkey”. Mr & Mrs Andrews. Fethiye.
Buying Property in Turkey?
For many years Turkey has attracted foreign property investors. The country first became popular with British and Europeans due to the non-eurozone benefits, warm climate, great transport links and affordable property prices available in Istanbul and along much of the coast. Recent years saw property laws amended. Now citizens from most countries can purchase land and property in Turkey so it is no longer simply the Europeans that invest in Turkey. Now Arabs, Russians, Eastern Europeans and many other nationalities are enjoying the benefits of living or owning property in Turkey.
Why buy property in Turkey?
AFFORDABILITY. The main reason foreigners buy property in Turkey is affordability. With properties starting under £30,000, and excellent transport links to most UK and many European Airports, a property in Turkey makes sense. After all – what can you buy in England or Spain for that?!
DIVERSE CHOICE OF LOCATIONS. Coastal Turkey offers an extra-ordinary choice of locations. From rural backwaters, pretty harbour towns and traditional villages, to thriving tourist resorts and metropolitan cities – Turkey has it covered. There’s a property in Turkey suiting all tastes and budgets. Take a look at our LOCATION GUIDES.
CHEAPER COST OF LIVING. The cost of living in Turkey is a huge bonus. Running costs of a property here are far less than most other countries. Take a look at the average costs for a 2 bed apartment occupied by 2 people in Fethiye in 2017. I think you may be quite surprised how much further your pound or pension can stretch in Turkey :
- Average Purchase Price: £65,000 (for a quality 2 bed resale in popular coastal location including furniture)
- Electricity per month: c£40 (c200TL average usage)
- Water per month: c£12 (c60TL)
- Council Tax per year: c£40 (c200TL)
- Rubbish Tax per year: c£15 (70TL one of payment)
- Unlimited Internet per month: c£15 (c70TL but cheaper is available)
- Property Maintenance: Differs dependent on property. If you are in a complex with pool you are looking at anywhere from £200 to £700 per year. If the apartment is more traditional with no facilities there is often no charge.
- Insurance: DASK (Compulsary Earthquake Insurance) c£40 per year (200TL). Optional household insurance dependent on contents. For basics budget c450TL (£100)
- Weekly Grocery Shop. Inflation rate May 2017 is around 10.5% so prices have risen. In saying that, the cost of most items are very reasonable. An sizable fresh fruit and veg shop from a weekly market for 2 people, buying by the kilo, averages around 40TL (c£8). Expect to pay around 150TL in the supermarket per week (c£35) for basic pastas, cheese, bread, milk, detergent etc. Alcohol and red meat can work out pricey. A bottle of Efes from the grocery store is around 7TL (c£1.50), a kilo of lamb c50TL (c£12). Chicken cheaper with a kilo around 10TL (£2.30). Cigarettes (Brand Name per pack) c11TL (c£2.35).
- Eating Out: Fethiye is one of the cheapest locations along the coast – prices in Istanbul and Bodrum can be far higher. It is possible to get a set-menu 2 or 3 course meal in a back of resort restaurant for as little as 25TL (c£5.50). If you are looking for something fancy, in a popular restaurant or in one with a view, you pay more. The average between 70TL to 130TL for 2 courses per head. Average price of a large beer in a bar/restaurant c12TL, a glass of house wine or local spirit and mixer c15TL
SEARCH OUR WEBSITE OR CONTACT US TO FIND OUT MORE.
Our website includes a wealth of information on buying property in Turkey. If you can’t find what you’re looking for or have any questions, please CONTACT US. Read more ABOUT US or search LOCATIONS. Have a read through our FAQs on buying, selling and renting your property out in Turkey. Read TESTIMONIALS for an idea on how we conduct our business, and VIEW PROPERTY for the latest deals, bargains and homes on offer.