Santa Claus is well and truly on his way! Make your Christmas in Fethiye the magical time it should be by attending a few local events. Here’s a few festive dates for you diary:
- Calis Christmas Fair. Sunday 6th December (This Sunday) 11am – 5pm Along the Calis sea front. A whole load of Christmas cheer to be had at the annual 3C’s Calis Christmas Fair. Lot’s of stalls selling all sorts of handmade goods, Christmas cards, festive homemade food, crafts, a parade with music and the man of the moment Santa Claus at 12.30pm, and Santa available for visits from 1.30pm.
- Koycegiz Christmas Fair. Sunday 6th December (This Sunday) 11am – 8pm by the Tourism Office. Table top sales of homemade goods, food and crafts. Visit Santa in his grotto and bring some Christmas cheer to the whole family.
- Uzumlu Christmas Fair. Saturday 12th December 2pm – 4pm at the Cadianda Restaurant. Santa is visiting Uzumlu village square at 1.30pm before heading to the restaurant to open the fair at 2pm. Run by Animal Care Uzumlu. A lovely festive selection of crafts, cakes, festive goodies and mulled wine on offer, plus Father Christmas.
Carol Services Around Fethiye. (If you know of more please comment).
- Saturday 12th December at 6pm. Mavi Hotel, Calis.
- Tuesday 15th December at 5pm. Hisaronu Market Square. Organised by Haydos Animal Charity.
- Wednesday 16th December at 6.00pm. Nil Bar, Calis.
- Friday 18th December at 6.00pm. Kismet Bar, Fethiye
- Tuesday 22nd December. Carols in Uzumlu. We need more details (please comment where and time if known)
- Thursday 24th December at 6.00. Candlelight Carols at Mavi Hotel, Calis.
Christmas Dinners. (If you know of more please comment).
Many local restaurants and hotels are celebrating Christmas in Fethiye. There are a number that are running Christmas events or dinners over the festive period. Most are reservation only so please contact them directly for more details, menus, availability and prices. These are just a few we know of. Unfortunately, there seems to be little information or promotion online regarding up and coming Xmas events. If you are holding a Christmas event or dinner, please comment and let readers know.
- Ovacik/Hisaronu: Siraz, Aegean Blue Hotel, Abracadabra, Olive Tree, Seashell
- Fethiye: Mulberry Tree,
- Calis: Nil Bar, Sat Beach Club,
- Uzumlu: Cadianda Restaurant
Oceanwide Properties hope that we’ve prompted a little festive cheer. Remember that many events are organised by local charities with some of the proceeds going towards worthy causes. Please spare a thought for those with less than ourselves, kids and families in need and the local street animals that all could do with a helping hand during the winter months. Spending Christmas in Fethiye is a wonderful idea. It may be Turkey but Santa certainly does do a pit stop here and what’s better is that the weather normally means you can really get out and enjoy the festive spirit around Fethiye!
We are intending on following this post with a list of New Year 2015 Events around Fethiye, Calis, Hisaronu, Ovacik and Uzumlu. If you have something going on, please email email@example.com for a mention.