When it comes to spoiling ourselves there’s no place better to do so than in Turkey – whether it’s in terms of investing in a property for sale in Kalkan or some other exotic location in this prospering country.
Here at Oceanwide Properties Turkey we give you a run-down to some of the more luxurious resorts in this beautiful region of the globe which is certainly spoiled by beautiful coastal resorts and vegetation aplenty:
- The Lycian Coast. The Lycian Coast in the south west corner in particular is an area full of charm and character in abundance thanks to the fact that much of the coastal area is protected as nature reserves meaning any building work there has been low key and in keeping with the general character of the area. It’s main city is Marmaris with the nearby Dalaman Airport but two of the more popular, exclusive and more secluded resorts in the Lycian Coastal area are Gunluklu and Gokova.
- Gunluklu, just a mere 19km from Fethiye sits amid a beautiful sandy cove and wooded area where Spa retreats abound. Gokova, on the other hand, is more mountainous but also boasts a beautiful bay area. It’s an area which particularly appeals to hikers thanks to its undulating landscape and spectacular views, especially over the Bay of Gokova.
- Bodrum. One of the country’s more glamorous areas, Bodrum has a first class yachting arena (Roman Ambramovich has a yacht moored here) and is a favourite for the extremely wealthy. Don’t be too surprised, if you buy a property in Turkey here to find the likes of actress Nicole Kidman and model Kate Moss on the beach here on the peninsula. It’s an excellent resort to buy Turkey property and invest in as the area is a big tourist favourite thanks to the stunning 15th century castle and busy bazaars.
- Antalya. Full of golden beaches, rocky secluded coves and overlooked by stunning mountains, Antalya is a city of palm-tree filled boulevards and a lovely, picturesque and historical harbour. Its streets are narrow and winding and provide interesting walking routes. For those feeling more sports there are plenty of tennis and golf courses as well as watersports with which to pass the hours in the nearby resort of Belek.
- Oludeniz. Beautiful beaches, mountains and its status as a National Park, Oludeniz is definitely one of the most sought-after resorts in which to buy property in Turkey. It’s extremely popular with UK holidaymakers in particular and its Blue Lagoon beach is one of the most beautiful in the country, thanks to the fact motor sports are banned.
- Fethiye. Set amidst a natural harbour this former market town is a mecca for scuba diving and a big favourite with families. The 2.5 metre long Calis beach is excellent for windsurfing, snorkelling and just generally relaxing.
Find out more about Turkey’s most luxurious resorts and about property for sale in Fethiye, Kalkan and other sought-after resorts in the ‘Area Guides’ section of our website today at Oceanwide Properties.